The term 'BRC' or 'us' or 'we' refers to the owner of the website whose registered address is British Retail Consortium, 100 Avebury Boulevard, Central Milton Keynes, MK9 1FH | 020 7854 8900. Our company registration number is 405720 in England and Wales. The term 'you' refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Personal information may be stored by us for use by third parties.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Sign up to the BRC Newsletter today!
What is unique or different about this programme?
The Summer School will provide an unrivalled deep dive into the four megatrends of People, Profit, Purpose and Planet through thought leadership, social learning, and self-led modular content. Supported by experts, retailers and organisations that will stretch delegates thinking by looking outside of what they ‘think’ they know, bringing insight and foresight back to the organisation. The blend of residential and virtual over the course of the 8 weeks provides attendees the opportunity to put into practice what they are learning and explore this within the safety of their groups during the programme. Our course will bring to life the lenses, developing truly conscious leaders within retail for now and the future. There is no other programme like the Leaders’ Summer School!
We are proud that our residential home for 2022 will be Ashridge House Estate in Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire. With the changes in the School being more future focused and inclusive it is important to us that our residential home reflects similar values.
What is the price of the programme and do you offer any discounts?
Our earlybird offer has now closed. The standard price for BRC Members starts from £3,225 for the Emerging Leaders Programme and £3,350 for the Transforming Leaders Programme. This is variable dependent BRC Membership. Group and individual discounts may be applied by discretion with our Head of Leadership Programmes, please contact email@example.com to explore this further.
There is plenty of parking available however we are conscious of our own carbon footprint and would encourage delegates to either car share or arrive by train to Berkhamsted station. A free shuttle bus will be available to take delegates to the venue on the day of arrival and departure, timetable is below.
What is a Group Coaching session?
Each delegate will be assigned to a coaching group made up of 8-10 learners and facilitated by a Group Coach, these sessions are essential to benefit from the social learning element of the programme. The relationship of the group with start to form at the residential and this will build as the course progresses, sessions will be arranged around the live virtual elements of the programme providing the groups with the opportunity to reflect on what they have heard, discuss, debate, and explore within a safe environment. The Group Coach is there to support in facilitating, coaching and being an independent confidante to delegates to nurture their learning.
Across the duration of the school, we anticipate that each learner will need to assign 3-4 hours per week to either a live event, group coach sessions, module work and self-reflection which would be on a Wednesday afternoon.
There will be a golden thread of “how can I apply this learning and how will it impact me, my team and my organisation.” This will be supported by a self-assessment tool completed by the learner at the start of the school, the tool has been built specifically for the programme using neuroscience and aims to dig beneath the surface of the conscious leader to bypass their individual bias. The results will continue to grow and evolve as delegates take their learnings back to the workplace and assess these against their original learning intentions.