BRC RETAIL MASTERS
Register Your Interest
BRC Contact: Vicki Young
Start Date: 6-9 March 2023
BRC Verified Learning
Delivery: Online & In person
Price(from): To be announced
We've created a programme to help you navigate this unique position - the BRC Retail Masters. You will interact with industry experts and CEOs who will share their experiences to overcome challenges and lead change. With an emphasis on learning from each other, you'll have the opportunity to be inspired by real examples of change in action. You will work with experts and contributors to understand how businesses can excel, managing the wider external influences and trends, and position your organisation for success.
Who Should Attend
- Head of Departments
- Regional Managers
- Vice Presidents
- Area Managers
Benefits for You
- Working within a small, intimate cohort will build your peer to peer relationships, learn from other retailers and network outside of your organisation
- Access to industry experts to provide the insights, expertise and platform to ask direct questions, explore and debate
- Tackling key issues impacting the retail industry at that time – no two years are the same!
- Insight, knowledge, and connections directly from the BRC – the trade association for UK retailers
- Build on your knowledge and understanding of key issues that impact the retail industry, providing you with the confidence to bring this information back to your organisation with renewed energy and commitment
Benefits for Your Business
- Delegates will be able to challenge current thinking within their organisations using the exposure and learnings gained throughout the programme, being able to strategically look at their area of responsibility and make insightful recommendations for opportunity or innovation
- Delegates will return with the ability to look beyond the norm, taking time out of their day-to-day thinking and apply a different approach to the organisation processes and procedures
- Widen the lens in which the organisation operates to stimulate new approaches future-proof the organisation
MEET OUR MASTERS TEAM
WHAT OUR LEARNERS SAY
The BRC Retail Masters is a valuable week which will challenge your thinking and provide industry leading insights. Through the BRC Masters I gained a much deeper understanding of the retail sector, it's challenges and how to respond. The week was incredibly valuable and will help me in the future.
OTHER COURSES FROM BRC LEARNING
Sign up to the BRC Newsletter today!
What is unique or different about this programme?
The Summer School will provide an unrivalled deep dive into the four megatrends of People, Profit, Purpose and Planet through thought leadership, social learning, and self-led modular content. Supported by experts, retailers and organisations that will stretch delegates thinking by looking outside of what they ‘think’ they know, bringing insight and foresight back to the organisation. The blend of residential and virtual over the course of the 8 weeks provides attendees the opportunity to put into practice what they are learning and explore this within the safety of their groups during the programme. Our course will bring to life the lenses, developing truly conscious leaders within retail for now and the future. There is no other programme like the Leaders’ Summer School!
We are proud that our residential home for 2022 will be Ashridge House Estate in Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire. With the changes in the School being more future focused and inclusive it is important to us that our residential home reflects similar values.
What is the price of the programme and do you offer any discounts?
Our earlybird offer has now closed. The standard price for BRC Members starts from £3,225 for the Emerging Leaders Programme and £3,350 for the Transforming Leaders Programme. This is variable dependent BRC Membership. Group and individual discounts may be applied by discretion with our Head of Leadership Programmes, please contact email@example.com to explore this further.
There is plenty of parking available however we are conscious of our own carbon footprint and would encourage delegates to either car share or arrive by train to Berkhamsted station. A free shuttle bus will be available to take delegates to the venue on the day of arrival and departure, timetable is below.
What is a Group Coaching session?
Each delegate will be assigned to a coaching group made up of 8-10 learners and facilitated by a Group Coach, these sessions are essential to benefit from the social learning element of the programme. The relationship of the group with start to form at the residential and this will build as the course progresses, sessions will be arranged around the live virtual elements of the programme providing the groups with the opportunity to reflect on what they have heard, discuss, debate, and explore within a safe environment. The Group Coach is there to support in facilitating, coaching and being an independent confidante to delegates to nurture their learning.
Across the duration of the school, we anticipate that each learner will need to assign 3-4 hours per week to either a live event, group coach sessions, module work and self-reflection which would be on a Wednesday afternoon.
There will be a golden thread of “how can I apply this learning and how will it impact me, my team and my organisation.” This will be supported by a self-assessment tool completed by the learner at the start of the school, the tool has been built specifically for the programme using neuroscience and aims to dig beneath the surface of the conscious leader to bypass their individual bias. The results will continue to grow and evolve as delegates take their learnings back to the workplace and assess these against their original learning intentions.